Sunday, October 31, 2010

I wanna be a part of you, New York, New York!!!

 For our 38th Wedding Anniversary, Frank gave us a trip to New York City and Washington, DC!
The "anticipation" was from August 8th till October 26th when our trip began!   New York City is a crazy, crowded city that just hums with engergy and life!   There is much to see and do!   The crowds were crazy and I didn't like the feeling of being stuffed into the packed streets but am so glad I got this one chance to experience New York City!


We loved visiting the Statue of Liberty!   I have so many pictures that it is hard to narrow them
 down to just a few but will try!  

 As a Family Search Support Missionary, I loved Ellis Island!   This is were so many of the people of the United States imigrated into the U.S.
 The New York City skyline is a gorgeous sight!

 Ground Zero.... where the twins towers once stood.... before 9-11 was a must see for me!
They are now building a Memorial here...

 These are some of the people who were killed on 9-11!


We had rainy, cool weather one day while in N.Y but everyone was prepared for it!

 

I am a Today Show fan, so I was anxious to visit the set of the Today Show.  It was not easy getting Big Bear out of bed to head there at 6:00 a.m. but he kept saying "This is YOUR trip!" so he was a good sport about it!

We got to see all the stars!


And even made it on TV so this excursion was a success!

Next on the agenda was a bike ride around beautiful Central Park!


We caught some beautiful glimpses of the fall follage!


The Trump Tower and Hotel...


In the evening, we watched the ice skaters at Rockefeller Plaza!


Attended a session in the Manhattan New York Temple.   Not too much to look at on the outside but a stuningly beautiful temple inside!


Stood in line for a LONG time to go up the Empire State Building... only to realized we were gonna be late for Wicked and left when we got to the 80th floor so never got to see the view from the 102nd floor!


Saw the Broadway Show, WICKED, which is what I had been waiting for for 4 days!
Loved it!


So there you have it in a nutshell.... our trip to THE BIG APPLE!
 A nice place to visit but I felt sorry for the people who live here!
I wouldn't trade them places "para nada!"

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sad we couldn't be there with you! I didn't go see any of these places when we were there is September! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great anniversary present! I love NYC. Hopefully i'll get to go again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go back!!!!!!!! I loved the big apple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you finally got to go on your dream vacation! Great pics! Looks like you had lots of fun and got LOTS of exercise from all that WALKING! Two thumbs up for Dad for taking you on an awesome trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a dream come true. Can't wait to chit-chat and hear all the details. Glad you are back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adventure! Looks like you had fun but I bet it was nice to get HOME too!

    ReplyDelete