Friday, April 23, 2010

The Work of Creation!

Sayda 5Angie's girlsEaster Outfits 010Easter Outfits 002Sayda 4CutiesEaster Outfits 007Easter 3Easter Outfits 006

Elder Uchtdorf says that "the desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul! No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before... after all, we are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe! Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty! As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world WITHIN YOU!" Those of you who know me well, know that I love to create! And NO... I am not some wonderfully talented, artistic, creative person! I just love the feeling of being able to create something beautiful or original that did not exist before! Over the years my family have been recipients of my creations.... tole painted projects, jewelry, purses, photo books and sewing projects are some of them! I love giving the people that I love something that I have created! It's like giving them a little piece of myself! These little Easter outfits are my latest creation! I had so much fun thinking about each of these special little girls while I CREATED their individual outfits... and what a thrill it is for me to have these pictures of them in MY CREATIONS! What joy our Heavenly Father must feel as he shares his creations with us and sometimes even lets us be involved in helping Him create beautiful bodies for His spirit children! I love these little darlings that call me "Lita!" What CREATIVE parents they have and what satisfaction their parents must feel in their creations!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness aunt cathy, these are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute!...the outfits, too...hee
    You have always been creative...I remember how artistic you were in highschool...I was jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cuteness! Once the weather warms up again I'll have to take Sayda OUTSIDE to get some good pictures of her in her outfit! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever get a little girl, will you create one for her too????????? :-) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Thanks for sharing! Those outfits are so cute and so are the little girls! They are lucky to have such a creative and neat "lita"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so darling. I love all of the different color combinations! Too cute...the outfits AND the girls. Thanks again Mom/"Lita"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the cutest outfits i've seen!

    ReplyDelete