Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I told you we were desperate!!!


The search for wholesome entertainment in
Dublan continues!  


This week we tried a Gall Bladder Cleanse!
This newest form of entertainment took up a whole 8 days of our time!
   The process was a diet of nothing but fruits and vegetables for a whole week!   To start out each morning we had to drink a cup of water with a Tbs. of Colosan mixed in !    During the day we also drank a quart of apple juice with  1/2 a teaspoon a malic acid added, lots of water and piles and piles of yummy (this is doubtful!) fruits and vegetables!


Here we are.... all smiles!   We had no clue what was in store!   We thought this was gonna be one fun girl's party.... a sleep over and all!


On day 7 we met together to support each other through the "funnest"  part of our cleanse.... the production !!!  At 4 p.m., as scheduled, we drank our first does of Epsom Salt water. Now this stuff is like, VERY YUCKY!! Actually, YUCKY is an understatement! I shiver just thinking about it!  The only way to get it down is to plug your nose and chug-a-lug!


As soon as you get the awfull Epsom Salt water down, you rub a lime on your lips and inside your mouth to take away the nasty taste! This helps a lot! Unfortunately this process has to be repeated THREE times at 2 hour intervals!


Finally, at 10:00 p.m when you think the fun can't get any better, the real FUN begins! It's now time for the 1/2 cup of Olive Oil mixed with 1/2 cup of fresh Grapefruit Juice! Down the hatch it goes.... then quickly, as instructed, into bed you go, lying flat on your back..... not to move for at least 1/2 an hour! Hopefully you are now "down for the night" .... dreaming of all those precious stones you will rid your body of in the morning!

Our Gall Bladder Cleanse was a huge success and yes... I actually have pictures of the stones we passed!   But out of respect for those who have a weak stomach, I will not post them!  Let me just say, that it feels GREAT to know that all those little (and a few, not so little)  gems that were hiding inside your gall bladder, just waiting to cause you great pain and anguish have now been eliminated from your life!    You may not believe this... but I FEEL like I am now "the picture of health!"   What... with my foot bath and now my gall bladder cleanse... (not to mention a whole week without any SUGAR, FLOUR or MEAT!) what could possibly be amiss inside my body!!!

WHAT'S NEXT????

7 comments:

  1. My mom told me all about this, so crazy! Yet cool at the same time. I want to see the gall stones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me a pic of your BIG gallstones! I can handle it bcz I'm so into this stuff. I'm going to do this exact cleanse once I'm done being pregnant and my body is somewhat back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds.... fun???? Glad that it was a success and that you didn't have to suffer through all that FUN for nothing! ;) I wanna know WHO passed the most stones? Did it hurt? You guys are too adventurous for your own good! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...that sounds awesome!
    Where do you guys come up with this stuff???
    I need details...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can't say I feel very envious about not being a part of your WEEK of "Girls Fun"! I am curious about the gall stones, but must admit I am one of those with a "weak stomach" and think I'll just use my imagination. I still can't get the visions of Dad's footbath out of my head. Shiver! Glad you have such a fun sleep over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aunth cathy, you are not making me excited to move back if that is what is considered "fun" in the colonies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys crack me up! I have been there and done that....and a little support makes it alot more fun;) congrats!!

    ReplyDelete