Sunday, June 5, 2011

Olivia participates in the Orange County Mormon Choral Organization

In April, I used my free Southwest Rapid Rewards ticket to fly to Irvine to see Olivia participate
in the Orange County Mormon Children's Chorus!
She had been practicing with the group once a week since January and the big day finally arrived.
Olivia wasn't too excited about the uniform she had to wear for the concert.   She really didn't like the white knee high socks and forbid me from having them show in her picture.  I was tickled that she let me braid her hair for the big event!

The concert was held in the Segerstrom Center for the Arts.... if was really impressive.
This is a picture of all the people who participated in the concert.

There she is... second row from the top.... far left.

Olivia participated in six numbers.   They did "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty,"
"Beautiful Savior," "Jesus Is My Shepherd,"  "Popcorn Popping," ""Pie Jesu," and my favorite, "I Believe in Christ."   All the songs were completely memorized and accompanied by a full orchestra!
It was REALLY impressive!
After it was all over with, Olivia said, "That was fun!"   When I asked her if she would want to do it again, with a big grin on her face, she enthusiastically said, "Yes!"


It's such a blessing to be able to watch your grandchildren participate in their activities!  Its one of the things I really miss about not having any of my grandchildren live around me... or my not living by any of them!   I was so thrilled to be able to go see Olivia participate in this concert!  It was a first class production!!  Sure do love Olivia!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! That's neat that you were able to go to that :) Way to go Livy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for coming all the way to California to support Olivia. We really enjoyed having you here for the special occasion. It made it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete