Saturday, June 5, 2010

What shall I do next????

Before I became a Worldwide Support Missionary I used to be bored!!   In order to keep myself occupied and excited about life, I was always looking for "a project!"   A few years ago, Aprons were "all the rage!"  So, I thought to myself...."Why not?"  I can "do aprons!"   So, after a trip to the fabric store and nice big swipe of my credit card, I was all set!  
My very first apron turned out to be a Bridal Shower gift for Mindy!

Mindy


   After that, I was hooked!
I will make an apron for all "my girls!"   So, throughout the year they all received homemade aprons from mOm on their birthday!

                                                                                                                     
                    Alixe Angie     Laura
                                       
                                           Ashley      Shauny

Aren't they all so cute and so "domesticated" looking!
(Frank Hatch Family inside joke!)
By the time I made it through the year, I was oh, so tired of aprons but I was complaining that I had not made one for myself and I was not about to!
Well, my "one in a million" sister heard my complaint and she quickly got to work and made ME an apron for MY BIRTHDAY!  (And this was after she had already made 8 others for her sisters-in-law!  Chris & Lynnnette's girls all got in on the fun too!!!  I told you this apron thing was "all the rage!")

Did I mention that we sometimes have trouble finding ways to occupy ourselves here in the Colonies???

Cathy
                                     
For Christmas one year.... everybody got a PURSE.... made with tender loving care by Lita!   These are SOME of the 18 purses I made that year!  I even cut the pattern down and made three different sizes.    Those little granddaughters of mine are just too darn cute!   How could I NOT make them a purse???

      Purses

Years ago, Aunt Lanny made Nativity Sets for her children for Christmas!
I thought it was such a great idea (and because of a pretty broad HINT from Angie,)  I got to work early that year!  Yep!
Mrs. Santa opened up her workshop early in August (and about lost her sanity by the time it was over!) but she pumped out 5 Nativity Sets.... complete with 5 different  costumes  in various sizes for each family, (ranging from a childrens size 16 all the way down to a size two,) Baby Jesus, a Star and a Nativity Script all packed into a nifty container just ready to be pulled out and put to good use on Christmas Eve
and put to good use!


      Nativity


                   Family Christmas Gift

This year there won't be any HOMEMADE gifts!   I will be busy helping to give the gift of an ETERNAL FAMILY to others through my missionary service!
WHAT COULD BE MORE MEANINGFUL AND REWARDING THAN THAT???

5 comments:

  1. The Nativity gift set is a GREAT idea. You need to share that one with all your sisters-in-law. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nativity thing we started more than 30 years ago! What a thrill to realize that the tradtion is being carried on. Remember Roddy so proudly holding the star??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat mom and grandma you are...you would inspire me if I wasn't so lazy...hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll certainly miss the fun of the "homemade" gifts by Lita, but I guess we'll cut you some slack this year. ;) We always love all the "projects" you come up with and treasure them even more because we know they're made with so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to all that! Wish I could keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete