Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Dream of a Lifetime!







If I had only one more round to play,
I would choose to play it at Pebble Beach.
I loved this golf course from the first time I saw it!
It's possibly the best in the world!
                                Jack Nicklaus


Back in January, as Frank and I were driving down  California  Highway 101 with my mom and dad, we stopped to see the Pebble Beach Golf Course. While we were taking in the beauty of the magnificent landscaping, Frank commented to me that it would be "the dream of a lifetime" to be able to come to Pebble Beach to watch the U.S. Open Golf Tournament!   Well, I am no dummy... I thought to myself, "If that is YOUR dream of a lifetime, that's not so hard to fullful!" The minute I got back home I got online to buy some tickets as a surprise for Valentines Day! Well..... the months have rolled along and finally June 18th and 19th were the days that dream came true!


Since Rylee's ballet recital conflicted with the golf tournament... AND I knew Frank would enjoy the golf tournament more with someone who loves golf as much as he does, I decided to sale my ticket to Kelly!  I think I made the right choice!   Upon their return from the tournament, these two guys seemed deliriously happy.... like two little boys on Christmas morning!  It was fun to see the gleam in their eyes as they talked about the beauty of the course... the thrill of the tournament and two whole days spent watching professionals do what they, Frank and Kelly, love to do best!
So glad to be able to make your "dream of a lifetime" come true!   That was easy!   What's second in line??


Graeme McDowell WINS!
His four day scores were:
71 - 68 - 71 - 74  = 284

Wanna know what my "dream of a lifetime" is Frank???

2 comments:

  1. What a good wife! I want to know what your dream is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Frank could have given Mr. McDowell a "run for his money!" Time to do something on "your" bucket list!

    ReplyDelete