Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream!



Our Rylee has been taking dance/ballet lessons since she was three years old!   She is a very gifted ballerina!  I don't get to see her dance very often so I was thrilled when her summer dance recital coincided with my coming to California to help Angie with a new baby!   This year Rylee was show cased as she danced her first performance with a young man in "A Midsummer Night's Dream!"   Even though her dad does not like to watch boys in tights dance ballet, he couldn't help beam with pride at his beautiful daughter's performance!   Those few minutes were unforgettable to me too!   She was so poised, graceful and elegant, with a stunning smile on her face during her performance!   She also had a part in "Alice in Wonderland" that was presented the same night!!  It was a fun evening of some really fantastic dancing! The one thing I was bummed about is that we were not allowed to take any pictures or videos during the performance but I have ordered a video of the recital for myself!   I am sure I will watch it many times over and show it to all my family and friends!   Thanks to her dad for paying for her lessons, her mom for driving her to and from 3 times a week and the dance studio instructors  for helping Rylee develop the gift and talent that she loves!  
 Recently Rylee auditioned for and was chosen to train in the Pre-Professional Program which is designed to prepare advanced level dancers for a professional performing career! We are very proud of her accomplishments!

It definately was a 
"Midsummer Night's Dream" 
for me!


3 comments:

  1. Good for her! I want to see that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 dreams fulfilled at the same time...how blessed are you!
    We're still trying to figure out what ours are...for now we are settling for the small, sporadic dreamlettes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you Rylee! I wish I could hae seen it too!

    ReplyDelete