Sunday, March 14, 2010

BIG BEAR IS OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE!!

As much as I love Big Bear, I have to admit that he has not always been the MOST ROMANTIC husband on the planet! This year... he actually neglected to get me anything for Valentines! No card, no flowers, no gift....ZIP! NADA! NOTHING! Of course, I was crushed and shed many tears over his thoughtlessness! (After all, I got HIM tickets to the US Open Golf Tournament!) He apologized to me several times, with a PROMISE to make it up to me! I thought to myself... "Yeah, right!" This week, when I flew into El Paso from California, Big Bear made good on his promise! He had some beautiful fresh flowers for me and two gifts which he had purchased and wrapped himself! (He even took little bows from home with him and then in his excitement forgot to put them on his gifts!)
When I opened them up I was so pleased to find this beautiful heart shaped necklace... made of white gold and a pair of earings! He was quick to point out to me that they are NOT from Wal Mart but were actually bought from a JEWELRY store.... Kay Jewelers!
I have decided that his efforts to redeem himself were sufficient and have allowed him to come out of the dog house! I want to thank the GREAT PHILOSOPHER, Dr. Phil who through his daily instructions taught me this profound truth! "You teach people how to treat you!" Big Bear may be a slow learner but he may actually be catching on!!! Gotta love him!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh-la-la! VERY PRETTY! Good job Dad! I bet he'll never mess up on Valentines day AGAIN! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh goodness dad and darron are one in the same! Darron got me that same necklace hahahahahaha it is beautiful though!!!!!!!! I'm glad he made it up to you! if he hadn't I would have had to come down there and knock him upside the head! Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! I will have to check them out in person...on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say he definitely redeemed himself! My mom told me about your Vday dissapointment and as sad as I was for you, I sure got a good laugh that a man could be that clueless! I'm so happy you finally got the late Vday gifts/treatment you deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave & I got a good laugh at that one...maybe because it is too close for comfort...we've had many a clueless moment over the years...

    ReplyDelete