Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Only in the MORMON COLONIES!!!

Part of the experience of being " Raised On Dublan Sunshine" is PLAYING BASKETBALL! There aren't a lot of things to entertain oneself with here in Dublan so whatever there is available we usually all do it! (On of the advantages of being from a small town is that you are a BIG FISH in the small pond and most everyone is involved in everything!) In Dublan basketball has always been a big source of entertainment and we start 'em out young! Here in Dublan we not only have a Stake YM/YW Basketball tournament but we go to great extremes! We also have Stake Relief Society, Stake High Priest and Elder's tournaments and also a Stake PRIMARY Basketball Tournament... with two divisions! 3 to 6 and 7 to 11 year olds!
I am not sure if we hold this tournament for the kids or the parents!!! While I was watching the game I also became engrossed in watching the parents watch their kids! It was hilarious! I'm sure each parent there envisioned their child being the future star of the MIGHTY Lobo or Loba team! Here in Dublan... quite removed from all the exciting entertainment that big cities have to offer, we still enjoy the basics! Children, church and EACH OTHER!

3 comments:

  1. That is too cute...I really miss those rip-roarin' basketball games...we're lucky if we get to watch our YM play once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck!!! Those videos, especially the one with my niece Noel, are so cute!!! I watched that one quite a few times! I can't wait to live down there and have my kids involved in activities like that. It really is a great community! Thanks for posting that Aunt Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that boys and girls play on the same team, there's a lower basket for the youngest kids and that "pasos" are allowed. I think I could "fit right in" on one of those teams. Where do I sign up?! GO DUBLAN SUNSHINE!

    ReplyDelete