Thursday, September 30, 2010

THE BIG CAR SHUFFLE!!!

Anyone who knows my dad knows that he does not like to shop....EXCEPT FOR CARS!   My dad is famous for saying "Anticipation is greater than realization!"  And he really believes it!!   He started about 3 years ago "anticipating" buying a new car!
He has searched high and low... been to every agency both in El Paso, Chihuahua city and here!  In fact, he has been the Chihuahua TWICE just looking at cars!   Frank and I took my mom and him a couple of weeks ago and went to 8 car dealerships and then back to some of them a second time!  (Did I mention that this guy loves anticipating??)    Well, after checking out every make and model imaginable... he finally settled for this one!   A new Nissan Altima!    The anticipation is OVER!!!!
My dad is also someone who loves to "share the blessings,"  so once he had his new car.....
 the big car shuffle began !!!
  


 My dad traded my sister, Trisha his light blue 2004 Dodge Grand Voyager, with 126,000 kilometros for her maroon color Dodge Town & Country 1999 Mini-Van with 348,000 kilometros.   


Next in line for the blessings, my dad swapped me my 2000 white Dodge Intrepid
with 147,000 miles for his 2000 Ford Lincoln with 33,000 miles!
As they say on Facebook, "My daddy whipped my ride!"


This is Rosa... she is practicaly a member of the family!   She has worked for my mom and me for over 30 years!   There were enough blessings to share with her too!
She inherited Trisha's maroon mini-van!   You cannot imagine how much she will appreciate owning her own car!   She has either walked or road her bike to work her whole life!!


My dad gave me the assignment of teaching her to drive and making sure she got a drivers lisence!   We have been driving and driving!   She is actually pretty good for someone just learning to drive!   Today I parked both my cars on the street and made her practice paralell parking between them!   When she got her lisence she was beaming from ear to ear!!!  


And last of all.... my Dodge Intrepid is being sent to live at my dad's house in El Paso, Texas for my mom to use when she is shopping in the good 'ol USA!  And so... my dad buying a new car has blessed the lives of 3 other people!  
We are so happy and thankful but now we worry....

"What will dad "anticipate" now????


12 comments:

  1. WOW! That is SOOOO exciting! Nice ride mOm! The "big car shuffle" is a great idea! Grandpa is always so generous! I bet he had fun making 3 people really happy :) Grandpa's car is really pretty. I LOVE white cars! And oh boy... I'm so happy for Rosa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I tell people about my new car I tell them that my dad played "musical cars". I have been the lucky recipient more than once. A happy day for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Mom, that Lincoln in fino! I've always liked that car!
    And how exciting for Rosa! Gotta love Grandpa, always making others happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was some swap. I'd imagine everyone involved must be pretty happy. I'm especially thrilled for Rosa. She looks so happy in her picture with the license. So cool!!!

    You're looking really good (and super skinny) on the hood of your new wheels. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun for all of you! And i agree with Angie, you look really skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, that explains all those vehicles in your driveway this week!! i am excited for you all but mostly for rosa, that is sooo cool! i bet she is so happy
    !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soooooo thrilled for Rosa!!! Yea! Can you just imagine how BEYOND happy she is?!?!?! Sooooooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love that Tio of ours!
    That is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are two very lucky Daughters and one very lucky Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Car shuffling? That was some activity! But it is good to know that you and your family are giving your trusted employee some importance. I’m sure she appreciates what you did for her, and it will definitely make her feel like a family. She looks quite happy with the car and her license! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome idea! Your Grandpa has a good eye for cars. These are all great rides. It’s a wonderful thing to share blessings with Rosa. She must be a hard working employee to deserve this. I’m so happy for her too.

    Prince Moss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Car shuffling is an awesome idea! That’s much better than looking for another buyer to buy the car you owned. This way, you don’t have to carry the hurdle of negotiating with the buying and selling process. Anyway, it seems like your family is a fan of Dodge cars.

    ReplyDelete