Sunday, August 29, 2010

Olivia's Second White Dress!

Oliva was a beautiful tiny little baby when she wore her first white dress
 the day her dad gave her a name and a blessing!

Today she is just as beautiful in her second white dress!  Livy is pretty as a picture in the white dress that Lita made her for this special occasion! (Notice the pretty little braclet that granny sent her!)



We've been waiting anxiously all of 2010 for the big day that Olivia would be batpized!
Their Stake Baptism day was scheduled for August 28th!  


Lita was so happy (and relieved) that Olivia's dress fit and that she LOVED it!


The whole family is excited and actually ready early so that we could take come family pictures!


Grandp and & Grandma Stebinger are here too!   They aren't members of our church so we were anxious for them to "feel the spirit" at Olivia's baptism!   We were praying that they would!


Olivia's dad explained to her that SHE is his very first baptism.... of a living person!   That makes this an extra special occasion!    There were 8 children to be batpized.   We had a short opening exercise and then one by one each child and their family was taken to the font for their baptism.   Olivia was the last one.  While we sat in the chapel, waiting for her turn, we sang some Primary songs...
Love One Another, I Love to See the Temple, When I am Baptized, A Child's Prayer...etc.
I watched as Livy's other grandmother silently wiped the tears that kepts sneaking out of her eyes and running down her face.   Olivia's grandpa Stebinger also listened intently and nodded his head in agreement to the words that were being sung.  I KNOW they were feeling The Spirit.
After Olivia's baptism, Hayden, Hunter, Tessa and Olivia sang "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus."   Lita accompanied them on the piano.  Then Olivia's Grandma Stebinger gave her thoughts about ways that she had noticed that Olivia tries to be "like Jesus."   She cried as she told about the good example Olivia is to her.  One time when Olivia was staying with her grandparents, they wanted to take her to the beach on Sunday.   Olivia agreed to go with them but explained that she doesn't swim on Sunday, so they decided to do something different.   Later that Sunday they stopped at a store to buy some snacks.   Olivia asked if she could just stay in the car "because we don't shop on Sunday."   Grandpa Stebinger cried as she told us how proud she is of Olivia and how much she loves her!

Livy's mom gave a short talk about the Holy Ghost.... during which she had asked Lita, Big Bear, Uncle Preston and Olivia's dad to share actual experiences in which the Holy Ghost had helped, guided, taught, proctected and inspired us!   It was inspirational to hear the TRUE stories of the different ways the Holy Ghost influences us!   For SURE the Holy Ghost was present, bearing wittness to all of us of the truthfulness of his existence, power and influence!   It was a beautiful baptism and confirmation!

I think Olivia will always remember her special baptism experience!
We will be looking forward to her third white dress when she is married in the temple!
I know that day will be just as special as this day has been!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that is SO COOL! I wish we could've been there :( What a very special day for Olivia. It sounds like all the songs, thoughts and talks were really good! She looks BEAUTIFUL in her pretty white dress that you made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't noticed how pretty the sleeves on her dress were as well as the rest of the dress. When you did your family things, were the rest of the people present? Curious how that all worked out. what a special day. I imagine we will be hearing about the baby blessing soon.
    I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since Olivia was last, everyone else had already left and we had the room to ourselves... which worked out really well cause then Angie was able to give her talk about the Holy Ghost. Everyone else had to rush out right after their baptism because we were waiting. It was also cool that we went last because we sat in the chapel singing the Primary songs for almost 25 minutes! I loved that apart! I was sitting next to Mike's dad and I made sure he heard the words (if you know what I mean...lol!) and Preston was right behind me helping me! We were all helping the Holy Ghost spread The Spirit! We were thrilled with the Stebingers reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got that all down in writing. I may have to just steal your post for my journal and post on my blog. It was a VERY special day for our family. Olivia said her favorite part was being confirmed. I think that had a lot to do with hearing everyone's experiences about the Holy Ghost right before she was received the Holy Ghost. She told me that it was her favorite part and that her "eyes even filled with tears".

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special time (and post)!...my first grandchild doesn't get baptized till next May...but we are looking forward to that...
    You did such a great job on her dress...she is so cute and looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the uplift today! I felt the spirit just through your post. How touching for Mike's parents to be there. I'm sure they felt that beautiful peace that only the spirit brings. Olivia's dress is darling! What a wonderful grandma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was super special. She is a special young lady. I have always felt a closeness to Olivia. The dress is darling. I hope someday I will be able to sew a baptism dress before I'm too old to see what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dress Cathy! You are an awesome Lita! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful experience;)

    ReplyDelete